Chicago American Indian Community Collaborative
Inquiry for Independent Contractor for Fundraising Clinic
About Us: The CAICC is a network of seventeen Native American organizations and programs that joined together in 2012 to collectively work on improving conditions for Native Americans in the Chicago-area.
A steering committee consisting of representatives from each organization establishes the policies and procedures for CAICC. Since December 2014 the CAICC has conducted a Fundraising Capacity Building Clinic that was designed to increase financial resources from individuals, corporate sponsors, foundations and tribes to Native American organizations and programs participating in CAICC. The program is increasing the fundraising capacity of these organizations through a strategy of organizational assessment, on-site consultations, and training.
Consulting Services Sought: The CAICC seeks the services of an independent consultant for approximately 16 days over the course of 2-3 months to complete the Clinic programs within the grant period. Services to be provided consist of the following:
- Develop and oversee fundraising training to CAICC organizations
- Continue to directly provide regular fundraising consulting services to 5 pre-selected organizations
- Develop 3 final workshops that focus on fundraising and related management topics
- Collect and summarize workshop participant evaluations
- Oversee the allocation of the Clinic’s budget
- Oversee the use of technical assistance funds by five organizations including reviewing contract and work of independent contractors
- Develop a final report to the supporting foundation
- Perform additional services upon terms as mutually agreed upon
- A strong history of successful fundraising experience
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Native American community organizations, cultures and processes
- Self‐ directed and ability to multi‐task
- College degree in the social sciences or relevant field
- Ability to travel locally; have reliable transportation
If Interested: Send letter of interest, qualifications and three work-related references (names & contact information) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
CAICC Search Committee
c/o Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
Due Date: 2/9/2016 or until filled.