The State of Illinois is hiring for Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) Specialist positions with the Department of Children & Family Services. Applications are being accepted until Thursday, February 18. 2021. If interested, apply HERE
Description of Duties/Essential Functions:
The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is seeking organized, professional, and results-oriented individuals to serve as Indian Child Welfare Administrator. Under administrative direction, this position will administer and coordinate the Department’s Statewide Indian Child Welfare Advocacy Program and develop an ongoing collaborative relationship with the Illinois Indian Child Welfare Advisory Council, utilizing input from a collective tribal voice of statewide tribal program/agency directors to develop innovative, culturally sensitive child welfare practices geared toward the Native American community. Ideal candidates for this position will have excellent organizational skills and strong oral communication skills.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel
2. Requires ability to pass a background check
3. Requires enrollment as a member of a Native American tribe
1. Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work or a related human services field from a recognized college or university
2. Requires prior experience equivalent to three years of progressively responsible administrative experience in child welfare
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (IN ORDER OF SIGNIFICANCE):
1. Prefers experience in the recruitment of foster and pre-adoptive homes
2. Prefers a master’s degree in social work or a related human services field
3. Prefers experience in the review and analysis of statistical reporting and service-related data
4. Prefers experience in the formulation of strategies to enhance programs and service provision
5. Prefers experience in the development of management reports
Work Hours & Location/Agency Contact:
Anticipated Starting Salary: $5,000/mo. to $6,250/mo.
This is not a Bargaining Unit position. CBA does not apply.
Full Salary Range: $3,116/mo. to $10,253/mo.
Working Hours: M-F 08:30 AM – 05:00 PM
Location: 1911 S. Indiana, Chicago, IL 60616
Supervisor: Daniel Fitzgerald
Name: Lorrie Coleman
Mailing Address: 2020 W. Roosevelt Rd, Chicago, IL 60608
E-mail: Lorrie.Coleman@illinois.gov (preferred)
Phone: (312) 814-1222
Fax: (312) 814-1224