About CAICC: It is a network of Native American organizations and programs that joined together in 2012 to collectively work on improving conditions for Native Americans in the Chicago-area. An administrative oversight committee consisting of representatives from each organization establishes the policies and procedures for CAICC. However, the agenda of CAICC consists of action plans that were formed through a community-wide planning process involving all the stakeholders: organizations, individuals, families, etc. CAICC is committed to maintaining this “ground-up” grassroots approach to community planning and change.
Scope of Services Sought: CAICC seeks the services of an independent contractor consultant to serve as a coordinator. The contract period is for approximately 6 months, estimating 15 hrs/week on average.
Scope of services to be provided consist of the following:
- Provide administrative support to the Administrative Oversight Committee (AOC)
- Coordinate financial reporting with fiscal agent
- Write proposals and grants to support the mission
- Ensure organizational records and data are collected and organized in a shared drive
- Develop reports to fiscal agent and funders for AOC review and approval
- Coordinate Steering Committee meetings
- Develop joint work with CAICC allies and partners
- Work in coordination with other CAICC independent contractors, if any
Skills and Competencies:
- Deep understanding of Native American communities, cultures, and processes, preferably including the Chicago-land area
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social sciences or related field and/or equivalent related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and independent
- Experience in working with non-profit organizations
- Experience and knowledge with facilitation and conflict resolution strategies
- Experience managing budgets
- Primarily remote work, with possibility of need to meet in person
The consulting fee is at a flat rate of $800 per week. If interested, send a letter of interest, highlighting your former consulting work, a resume and three work-related references that include at least one former client. (names & contact information) to:
CAICC, Administrative Oversight Committee
Attention: CAICC AOC
For priority consideration, submit your materials by Friday, June 18, 2021.