To nurture and promote creative and economic development of Native arts and culture in the Chicago area by gathering and sharing relevant information, providing and publicizing events.
Chicagoland Native Artist Directory artists in current exhibitions
Nora Moore Lloyd at the Illinois State Museumhuman / nature: the weight of our actions on the natural world
July 31, 2021 to January 29, 2022
Annabelle Two-Rivers Broeffle and Norma Robertson at the Trickster Cultural CenterDecember 1, 2021 to January 3, 2022
Projects in Progress:
Artists Resource Directory: Artists, presenters, business owners submit your application to be included in our resource directory.
Chicago Artist Support Programs
Organizations & Community Members on A&C Committee: We average 12 community and organization members attending each monthly meeting and have a large mailing list to keep community members informed of our monthly meeting progress. Join our committee and e-mailing list!
- Community Cultural Calendar: Starting with our one-page monthly calendar summaries, we are now able to list all community cultural events on our website. By incorporating all of the events of Chicago’s Native organizations, you can find all Chicago’s Native events in one place. Contact us to post your events or receive a one-page flyer to distribute and post .“An important advantage of A&C Committee is that it offers the opportunity to get the word out on community activities … people are interested in Arts and Culture.” ~ Dorene Wiese
- Initiated Native Foods Menu during Native American Heritage Month at the Field Museum’s Bistro: “The Field Museum Native Menu project was a first for the museum … to incorporate the Native American menu into an overall Field Museum schedule vs. incorporating the new menu as part of a particular event or exhibition.” Louis Delgado
- Launched this website in 2015!
- American Indian Association of Illinois
- American Indian Center
- Field Museum
- Illinois State Museum
- Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
- Newberry Library, D’Arcy McNickle Center for American Indian and Indigenous Studies
- Trickster Cultural Center
- The University of Illinois at Chicago, Native American Support Program
- University of Chicago
“The biggest change is that people & organizations are more supportive of each other due to better communication; now (we are) able to put “our aces in the places …”
~ Janie Pochel