COVID-19 EMERGENCY RESPONSE GRANT
CAICC stands in solidarity with Indigenous community members who are affected by the ongoing effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The CAICC COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant is designed to provide immediate financial assistance to individuals who are in need of essential support during this time.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be affiliated with a state or federally recognized American Indian tribe, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, or First Nations reserve
- Must live in the local Chicagoland region or Northwest Indiana
The application is confidential and does not take long to complete. Application review and funding notifications will be sent by Friday, March 3. 2023. Please note, submission of an application does not guarantee funding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs):
- Who can apply for these funds?
- Anyone who meets the eligibility requirements.
- How do I apply for funds?
- Complete the application via the link provided OR in-person on a paper application with a CAICC Member organization
- Can I have someone else submit an application on my behalf?
- Yes. If you are not able to submit an application yourself, you can have someone else submit the application on your behalf. That person will have to identify themselves by providing their name and contact info.
- Where do the funds come from?
- The CAICC COVID-19 Emergency Response Grant is supported by a variety of sponsors including the Spencer Foundation, Greater Chicago Food Depository, United Philanthropy Forum’s Momentum Fund, and individual donors.
- How will funds be distributed?
- If approved, you will be contacted directly from [email protected] with instructions to receive a one-time electronic gift card.
- What if I still have a job part-time or full-time, but it is not enough income?
- These funds are available for anyone whose income has been impacted by COVID-19 and meets the eligibility requirements listed above.
- What is the deadline for submitting proof of my tribal affiliation and residence?
- The proof must be emailed to [email protected] by Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 5:00 pm CST. We will do our best to contact you directly via email or phone call before the deadline if we have not received your documentation. However, there is limited funding available and the deadline is firm.
- How long will it take for funds to be distributed?
- If your application is approved, we plan to distribute funds by Friday, March 3, 2023.
- I am non-Native or not enrolled, am I still eligible to apply?
- Our funds are focused on assisting the Native American Indian Chicago Area Community and you would not be eligible to apply.
- I am not living in the Chicago area, am I still eligible to apply?
- We will be reviewing applications from applicants that reside in Chicago and Suburban areas and Northwest Indiana only.
- If I have additional questions, who should I contact?
- You can contact a CAICC representative at [email protected]